Updates for Friday, August 7
This communication will provide additional information related to our school opening decisions.
St. Croix Prep Special Board Meeting
6:00 pm on Tuesday, August 11 in the PAC
St. Croix Prep will hold a special board meeting to approve the learning model for the start of the 2020-2021 school year. This meeting will be held at 6:00 pm on Tuesday, August 11. St. Croix Prep’s board has met in person since the start of the pandemic. Given the expectation of faculty to show up at facilities to begin preparation for the new school year, we believe it only appropriate to continue our in person meetings. We will hold the meeting in the PAC and those interested in attending may physically distance in the seating area.
Stillwater Area Public Schools Approves Hybrid Learning Model
Last evening, Stillwater approved to start the school year in the hybrid learning model.
Minnesota’s Safe Learning Plan – Revisited
- Covid-19 County Case Data
Minnesota’s Safe Learning Plan uses the number of Covid-19 cases by county over 14 days per 10,000 people. Given the county’s case rate, schools have the flexibility of opening in the following models:
In person learning for all students.
In person learning for elementary students; hybrid learning for secondary students.
Hybrid learning for all students.
Hybrid learning for elementary students; distance learning for secondary students.
Distance learning for all students.
- Model Applied to St. Croix Prep
St. Croix Prep is located in Washington County. At the time of the Governor’s announcement (July 30), Washington County’s current case rate was 14.84. Revised case rate data is released every Thursday. The August 6 Washington County case rate was 15.63. Per the MDH, the following is the Washington County historical case rate data:
- July 12 to July 25 – 15.63
- July 5 to July 18 – 15.00
- June 28 to July 11 – 12.71
- June 21 to July 4 – 10.74
- Note 1: The discrepancy between the initial Washington county case rate released by MDH (14.84) and the revised number (15.00) is due to the lag in reporting.
- Note 2: The County Case Rate/Learning Model grid is only one of the items considered in determining the learning model a school will implement for the start of the school year. Each school must also evaluate staff restrictions/availability, transportation, supplies, the ability to follow all procedures/protocols, the sustainability of the learning model given quarantine/isolation requirements, and the guidance related to physical distancing.
Wednesday, August 12 from 6:00-8:00 pm
We will hold a parent informational meeting on Wednesday, August 12, from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm. We will send additional information on the details of this meeting (e.g. physical attendance, virtual option, etc.)