Updates for Friday, December 18
Prep National Honor Society Members Giving Back to the Community
High School Student Unemployment Benefits
If your high school student lost their job due to Covid, they may be eligible for unemployment insurance benefits.
Distance Learning Support
Bark Jr - Protect Your Children Online
FREE Sign Up Through December 31, 2020
Learn how you can protect your kids when they’re online. *Note: St. Croix Prep will not be providing tech support for this product.
District Distance Learning Support Coordinator
Class or Schedule Questions
Questions related to this should follow our standard communication protocol, namely contacting the appropriate teacher and/or principal.
Please Report Positive Covid Tests and Close Contact Information to the School Nurse
To make our return to school successful, healthy and sustainable, we all need to report our symptoms, Covid Test Results and close contact information to our school nurse even now when we are in distance learning. This will be especially important after the Winter Break.
Safer Holiday Celebrations by Minnesota Department of Health
UPDATED COVID-19 Quarantine Guidelines from MDH
- The safest option is still a 14 day quarantine and this is the required timeframe when the close contact is a household contact or you live in a building with other people where it is hard to stay away from others (long term care, shelters, etc).
- IF the contact is not considered a household contact AND you have no symptoms you can consider doing a 10 day quarantine. You must be diligent about watching for symptoms through day 14 and if you have ANY symptoms, even mild ones like a runny nose, you must stay home, separate yourself from others, and get tested right away.
- IF the contact is not considered a household contact AND you have no symptoms AND you get a Covid test (must be a PCR test) 5 days or later from your last contact with the positive person AND the test is negative you can consider a 7 day quarantine. You must be diligent about watching for symptoms through day 14 and if you have ANY symptoms you must stay home, separate yourself from others, and get tested again right away.
Kay Schwebach is the New Youth Service Bureau Counselor
We are excited to announce Ms. Riedel, the YSB counselor, is available for office hours and individual sessions with students. She will be seeing students virtually between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:00 PM on Mondays and Wednesdays.
Athletics and Activities
In alignment with Executive Order 20-103 announced by Governor Tim Walz, the Minnesota State High School League will begin in-person practice for winter sports and activities on Monday, January 4, 2021.
- What does that mean for our school? Our school will follow the directives of the MSHSL and start tryouts and/or practices on Monday, January 4. You should expect an email from your coach/advisor with more details regarding specific athletics and activities.
- Winter Sports Registration. All students interested in participating in the following winter sports: Boys and Girls Basketball, Boys and Girls Hockey, Alpine Ski, and Archery, need to be fully registered before January 4 in order to be eligible. This includes paying the Registration Fee, completing the MSHSL Eligibility Form and Health Questionnaire, having a current physical form on file, and a signed covid-19 waiver form. Click here to sign up on SchoolPay.