Updates for Friday, October 16
Virtual Lion Pride Breakfast
Lower School students earn Lion Pride tickets from their teachers when they exhibit St. Croix Prep character traits. At the end of each month, students in each grade level who have earned a ticket get their name drawn to have breakfast with Ms. Karetov.
Thursday, October 15 through Monday, October 19
St. Croix Prep COVID-19 Dashboard
We have developed a Covid-19 Dashboard so the school community can see the impact that MDH isolation/quarantine protocols have on our staffing and student attendance. This dashboard indicates the number of individuals who:
- Have been identified as having Covid-19 related symptoms;
- Have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for Covid-19; or
- Have tested positive for Covid-19 (a general email will go out to the Prep community whenever we have a positive case).
- Up to 14 days of quarantine, if exposed;
- 10 days of isolation if Covid-19 positive
- In some cases, where individuals have been out of work/school 24 days or more due to isolation/quarantine protocols.
We will update this dashboard every Friday. Thanks for your attention to this.
Do You Want To Work With Kids?
St. Croix Prep is Hiring NOW!
In order to keep our hybrid learning model running smoothly and most effectively, we need your help to fill important staff positions. We are hiring two classroom Education Assistants for Lower School and Special Education Paras for all schools. If you or someone you know has a willingness to work with children in classrooms and support students on site, we would love to talk with you! No special certification required.
We are also in need of substitute EAs and teachers.
Fall 2020 Parent Survey Results
This survey and the staff survey will continue to inform the board and the administration for developing the learning model transition plans. Much of the survey data will be used to improve the delivery of the current learning models. Thank you for your valuable input.
Student Parking Permits are Now Available on SchoolPay
Upper School Students who will be driving to school must obtain a parking permit. Click here to purchase on SchoolPay. If you prefer to pay by cash/check, fill out the form and bring your paperwork and payment to the main office. Permits will be issued starting on Tuesday, October 20. Enforcement of permits will begin on Monday, October 26 and parking lots will be monitored daily for the required student parking permits. Reminder: student drivers are required to park in the back parking lot.
Upper School Yearbooks on Sale
$55 through 12/31/2020
Donald's Uniform 20% Off Sale
Through Monday, October 26
20% off select uniforms in store and online. Free shipping on orders over $150.
All Students Eat Breakfast and Lunch for Free Through the School Year
- Meals are available to any childage 18 or younger in your family.
- Meals will include lunch as well as breakfast items for the following week. Meals will only be provided for scheduled school days. Meals will not be provided on holidays or scheduled days off.
- Meals will be distributed on a first come/first served basis, with preference to those families that pre-register. You will be asked to pre-register here.
- Cut off time for requesting meals for the following week is 7:00 am on Thursday.
- Students in the DISTANCE learning model will receive 5 days of meals. Students in the HYBRID learning model will receive 3 days of meals.
- Families can pick up meals between 11:15 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. at St. Croix Prep on the Friday preceding the week for which meals have been ordered. Meals will be distributed from the north ‘back’ cafeteria door (the school’s ‘bus’ entrance – Door 5).
- Only families who qualify for free/reduced meals may elect to have meals delivered to their home.
Registration for Chromebooks
Please register for your Chromebook needs for distance learning days. You will be notified as soon as we have a Chromebook available for your use.
Tier 1 Essential Worker Distance Learning Support Registration
If your family has two Tier 1 Essential Workers in your home and need to register for childcare/distance learning support.
MDH Guidelines for the Holidays
MDH Update on Face Coverings
- paper or disposable mask
- cloth face mask
- neck gaiter
- religious face covering
YSB Counselor, Amy Riedel, Available for Office Hours
8:30 AM and 4:00 PM on Mondays and Wednesdays
We are excited to announce Ms. Riedel, the YSB counselor, is available for office hours and individual sessions with students. She will be seeing students virtually between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:00 PM on Mondays and Wednesdays.
Mental Health Resources
Raise Money for St. Croix Prep - Box Tops are Digital!
It is even easier to raise money for school through the Box Tops program – simply download the Box Tops for Education app and scan your receipts. No more clipping necessary!
Athletics and Activities
Upcoming Varsity Home Athletic Events
- Varsity Volleyball Game vs. St. Agnes on Thursday, October 22 at 7:00 pm in the Gymnasium.
- Academy Force Football Game vs. Spectrum on Friday, October 23 at 7:00 pm in Prep Stadium.
Attendance Policy for 2020 Academy Force Football Season
Attendance at all Academy Force Football Games will be limited to 250 spectators.
- Masks will be required of all spectators in attendance at all times.
- 150 spectators will be permitted inside the main fence area.
- 100 spectators will be permitted to watch the game from outside the main fence area
- No bleachers will be provided – spectators are asked to bring their own chairs or be prepared to stand.
- Spectators will be required to maintain social distancing throughout their time on the SCPA campus.
- NO tailgating will be permitted on SCPA property.
- The Main Gate will open 30 minutes prior to kickoff for spectators to enter.
- No dogs are permitted inside the main fence of the stadium.
- No fee will be charged for admission.
- The game will be livestreamed on the SCPA YouTube Channel.
Attendance Policy for SCPA Volleyball this Fall
- SCPA will also be livestreaming all home matches through the NFHS Network. In order to watch matches “Live” you will be required to subscribe and pay a fee. Fans are encouraged to sign up with this service to access all of our home matches.