Updates for Friday, October 30
Photo from L to R: Alexandriana Davis, Liam Davis and Addison Erickson.
Online Family Directory Available - Membership Tooklit
The online family directory is now available. All families were sent an email this week with the link and directions on how to access. A link to the Family Directory can be found on the Families page of the website under the “Parent Links” section.
Email Jessica Dykstra if you have any questions.
We Need You! We Are Hiring NOW!
St. Croix Prep is Hiring NOW!
Do you know someone who loves to work with kids and is available during the school day? We would welcome your referrals. We are hiring two classroom Education Assistants for Lower School and Special Education Paras for all schools. If you or someone you know has a willingness to work with children in classrooms and support students on site, we would love to talk with you! No special certification required.
We are also in need of substitute EAs and teachers.
Student Parking Permits are Now Available on SchoolPay
Upper School Students who will be driving to school must obtain a parking permit. Click here to purchase on SchoolPay. If you prefer to pay by cash/check, fill out the form and bring your paperwork and payment to the main office. Permits will be issued starting on Tuesday, October 20. Enforcement of permits will begin on Monday, October 26 and parking lots will be monitored daily for the required student parking permits. Reminder: student drivers are required to park in the back parking lot.
Upper School Yearbooks on Sale
$55 through 12/31/2020
Tommy Hilfiger 20% Off Sale Sale
Monday, October 26 Through Monday, November 2
This is the best sale Tommy Hilfiger has offered – 20% off all products and logos and free shipping over $50.
UPDATED: All Students Eat Breakfast and Lunch for Free Through the School Year
- Meals are available to any childage 18 or younger in your family.
- Meals will include lunch as well as breakfast items for the following week. Meals will only be provided for scheduled school days. Meals will not be provided on holidays or scheduled days off.
- Meals will be distributed on a first come/first served basis, with preference to those families that pre-register. You will be asked to pre-register here.
- Cut off time for requesting meals for the following week is 7:00 am on Thursday.
- Students in the DISTANCE learning model will receive 5 days of meals. Students in the HYBRID learning model will receive 3 days of meals.
- Families can pick up meals between 11:15 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. at St. Croix Prep on the Friday preceding the week for which meals have been ordered. Meals will be distributed from the north ‘back’ cafeteria door (the school’s ‘bus’ entrance – Door 5).
- Only families who qualify for free/reduced meals may elect to have meals delivered to their home.
Registration for Chromebooks
Please register for your Chromebook needs for distance learning days. You will be notified as soon as we have a Chromebook available for your use.
Tier 1 Essential Worker Distance Learning Support Registration
If your family has two Tier 1 Essential Workers in your home and need to register for childcare/distance learning support.
MDH Guidelines for the Holidays
MDH Update on Face Coverings
- paper or disposable mask
- cloth face mask
- neck gaiter
- religious face covering
YSB Counselor, Amy Riedel, Available for Office Hours
8:30 AM and 4:00 PM on Mondays and Wednesdays
We are excited to announce Ms. Riedel, the YSB counselor, is available for office hours and individual sessions with students. She will be seeing students virtually between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:00 PM on Mondays and Wednesdays.
Athletics and Activities
Upcoming Varsity Home Athletic Events
- Varsity Volleyball Game vs. New Life Academy on Saturday, October 31 at 1:30 pm in the Gymnasium.
- Varsity Volleyball Game vs. Concordia Academy on Wednesday, November 4 at 7:00 pm in the Gymnasium.
Attendance Policy for 2020 Academy Force Football Season
Attendance at all Academy Force Football Games will be limited to 250 spectators.
- Masks will be required of all spectators in attendance at all times.
- 150 spectators will be permitted inside the main fence area.
- 100 spectators will be permitted to watch the game from outside the main fence area
- No bleachers will be provided – spectators are asked to bring their own chairs or be prepared to stand.
- Spectators will be required to maintain social distancing throughout their time on the SCPA campus.
- NO tailgating will be permitted on SCPA property.
- The Main Gate will open 30 minutes prior to kickoff for spectators to enter.
- No dogs are permitted inside the main fence of the stadium.
- No fee will be charged for admission.
- The game will be livestreamed on the SCPA YouTube Channel.
Attendance Policy for SCPA Volleyball this Fall
- SCPA will also be livestreaming all home matches through the NFHS Network. In order to watch matches “Live” you will be required to subscribe and pay a fee. Fans are encouraged to sign up with this service to access all of our home matches.