Updates for Friday, September 11
St. Croix Prep Community,
Changes to Our Parent Drop Off/Pick Up Process
- If you have a Lower School student, turn into the right hand lane (this includes if you have a student in Lower and Middle or Upper). If you have a LS student, your MS/US student(s) will be in the LS pick up area.
- If you have only a Middle and/or Upper School student, proceed to the left/straight lane.
Changes to Building Access/Visitors Restricted
To minimize and make the traffic through the school building more efficient, we have updated our hours of access. Click below to read the new Building Access Guidelines.
- Main Office 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
- Upper School Zero Hour – 8:00-8:30 AM (DOOR 19)
- YCare Drop Off – 7:00-9:15 AM Cafeteria Door (DOOR 2) o School Hours – 9:30 AM – 4:00 PM
- Parent Drop Off – begins at 9:15 AM
- Lower School Students – LS entrance next to the LS office (DOOR 20)
- Middle School Students – main entrance (DOOR 1)
- Upper School Students – entrance to the south end of the US/LS wing (DOOR 19)
Building Closes at 4:30 PM except for scheduled activities including
- Scheduled Meetings
NO VISITORS POLICY
- No parents or siblings may walk kids to their classrooms (leave at the entrance).
- Visitors are not allowed (e.g. no visits during lunch, etc.).
- No drop-offs for students (e.g. lunch, homework, instruments, etc.)
- No school day volunteers.
- No unscheduled meetings.
Changes to Late Drop Off/Early Pick Up
We have also made changes to our late drop off and early pick up procedures. Click below to read the new procedures.
School Board Meeting
September 15 at 6:00 pm in the PAC
The St. Croix Prep school board will meet on Tuesday, September 15 at 6:00 pm in the PAC. The purpose of the meeting is to discuss the school opening, Covid-19 case rate data, and the learning models proposed under Minnesota’s Safe Learning Plan.
Tuesday, September 15 or Wednesday, September 16
- Picture Days for Hybrid Students is Tuesday, September 15 or Wednesday, September 16. Students must wear their school uniform.
- Distance learners who missed getting their school photo taken can also come to school between 8:30-9:30 am on either of the two days.
- Parents will receive an email link from Kemmetmueller Photography to place photo orders.
All Students Eat for Free This Fall!
- Free meals will only be provided for scheduled school days. Meals will not be provided on holidays or scheduled days off.
- Even though meals are free for the first few months of school, families still need to fill out the Free and Reduced Lunch Application form. Click here for the form. This ensures families will have help paying for meals after December 31, and also helps cover costs for other school-related activities. Families MUST fill out a new application for benefits by October 12 or benefits will expire.
- Breakfast and lunch will be available at no cost to students when they are in school on an in-person or hybrid learning day.
- 100% distance learners will receive meals for all scheduled school days.
- A week’s supply of both breakfasts and lunches will be available for pickup on Fridays (unless otherwise noted for holidays, etc.) from 11:00 am – 12:30 pm at the back cafeteria door (DOOR 5).
- Breakfast is served every morning when school is in session from 9:15-9:25 in the cafeteria. Students can enter through the front cafeteria/YCare door (DOOR 2).
Registration for Chromebooks
Please register for your Chromebook needs for distance learning days. NOTE: Currently we have Chromebooks on backorder. We are fulfilling family requests as quickly as we can. You will be notified as soon as we have a Chromebook available for your use. Thank you for your patience.
Currently, because of where we are at with our county case rate (just over 22), anytime a student stays home with symptoms associated with COVID their siblings also need to stay home. How long each stays home depends on whether the student with symptoms is evaluated or not. Again, easiest if you contact the nurse for guidance.
Thanks for working with us to keep everyone healthy and safe!
Athletics and Activities
- Cross Country Meet vs. Trinity and Twin Cities Academy on Friday, September 11 at 4:00 pm at the Washington County Fairgrounds
- Girls Varsity Soccer Game vs. Trinity at River Ridge on Friday, September 11 at 4:45 pm at Prep Stadium
- Boys Varsity Soccer Game vs. New Life Academy on Monday, September 14 at 7:00 pm at Prep Stadium
- Cross Country Meet vs. Breck and Twin Cities Academy on Friday, September 18 at 4:00 pm at the Washington County Fairgrounds
- Girls Varsity Soccer Game vs. New Life Academy on Friday, September 18 at 5:00 pm at Prep Stadium