Updates for Thursday, August 20
St. Croix Prep Community,
This communication will provide updated information related to our 2020-2021 school opening.
Introducing "Flight Plan"
Please visit our latest website addition St. Croix Prep Flight Plan, St. Croix Prep’s plan for navigating COVID-19. Over the course of the past month we have communicated many details related to our school opening. This page categorizes the information in one spot. We have posted our planning guide in accordance with MDE requirements, summaries of the communication updates, information related to health services/safety procedures, and links back to the more familiar locations on the website. Please bookmark this as it will have the most current information.
Minnesota’s Safe Learning Plan – Revisited on August 20
- NOTE: As previously mentioned, the most critical factor impacting learning models will be the quarantine/isolation requirements (e.g. 10 days/14 days based on situation) which can have immediate and significant impact on staffing and on-site enrollment.
- Covid-19 County Case Data. Minnesota’s Safe Learning Plan uses the number of Covid-19 cases by county over 14 days per 10,000 people. Given the county’s case rate, schools have the flexibility of opening in the following models:
- Model Applied to St. Croix Prep. St. Croix Prep is located in Washington County. At the time of the Governor’s announcement (July 30), Washington County’s current case rate was 14.84. Revised case rate data is released every Thursday. The August 20 Washington County case rate is 17.72. Per the MDH, the following is the Washington County historical case rate data:
- August 1 to August 15 – 17.72
- July 19 to August 1 – 16.82
- July 12 to July 25 – 15.79
- July 5 to July 18 – 15.04
- June 28 to July 11 – 12.75
- June 21 to July 4 – 10.70
Reminders – Registration for Childcare, Chromebooks, YCare, and Meals
Yesterday’s communication had details related to childcare registration for Tier 1 essential workers, YCare registration, Chromebook request form, and pre-registration meal request form for distance learning days. Please complete these as it will assist us in our preparation for August 31. Thank you!
Employee Training Began This Week
New employee training began this week and the building is abuzz with the other busyness related to school opening – soccer/tennis/cross country practice, band camp, kindergarten camp, and classroom set up. All employees will return next week to finalize everything before class begins on August 31. We are excited to get the year off to a great start!