Updates for Thursday, August 27
St. Croix Prep Community,
Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year. Please read through the following back to school details and we will see you soon!
Here are some pictures of the many changes in the building. We’ll be adding more as we get them in the “Building Tour” page of the Flight Plan section of the website.
Technology & Background Check Fee
The Technology & Background Check fees totaling $25 per student have been approved for the 2020-2021 school year. This is listed as ’20/21 Class Fee’ when paying on SchoolPay. (These are fees which are not specifically permitted or prohibited by MN Statute; the fees were presented at a public hearing and adopted by the SCPA Board on June 23, 2020.) Fees for families with more than 4 students will be capped at $100 per family.
20/21 Middle & Upper School Community Consumables
This $30 per student contribution will allow us to purchase supplies when needed, in bulk at better prices, and to safely store and manage supplies. Items to be purchased will include, but not be limited to: pencils, pens, Expo markers, crayons, colored pencils, glue sticks, note cards, Kleenex, paper towels, sanitizer, and etc. Go to ‘Consumable Donations’ and then ’20/21 School Community Supply Contributions’.
Workbook and Consumables Donation
Contribution for student consumable workbooks, planners, Scholastic magazines and art room supplies listed by grade level on SchoolPay. Go to Consumable Donations’ and then ’20/21 Workbooks and Consumable Supplies’.
Student Lunch Accounts
Deposit money into your student(s) lunch account.
Required Health Forms
The Health Office needs updated immunizations and medication forms each school year. All forms can be found on the Prep website under Health Services. For immunizations, either the website form or a print out of your clinic’s form is acceptable. If your student has medical exemptions to immunizations the website form must be completed and signed by the physician. If your family conscientiously objects to immunizations, the website form needs to be completed and notarized. Physical exams are encouraged according to your healthcare provider’s recommendations. Any changes to your student’s health should be reported to the Health Office. for students who have asthma, life-threatening allergies, diabetes, seizures or other chronic health issues, health specific forms must be completed each school year (asthma action plan, allergy action plan, etc). These forms must be completed by a physician and are on the website. All forms should be turned in to the Main Office where they will be immediately routed to the Health Office. You can email them directly to the school nurse or fax them to 651-395-5901.
- Lower School Immunizations – Kindergarten: be sure we have the kindergarten series of dates.
- Middle School Immunizations – 7th grade: need Tdap and meningococcal.
Reminders – Registration for Childcare, Chromebooks, YCare, and Meals
Please register for YCare, Chromebook needs, and pre-registration meal requests for distance learning days. Please complete these as it will assist us in our preparation for August 31. Thank you!
Important Upcoming Dates
First Week of Distance Learning Starting Monday, August 31. As we have previously communicated, school begins Monday, August 31 and will operate in a distance learning model for everyone for the first week of school. The hybrid learning model will begin on Tuesday, September 8.
Distance Learners may pick up textbooks/supplies and get their school photo taken in the PAC next week on either Tuesday, September 1 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm or Wednesday, September 2 from 10:00 to 2:00 pm. Distance learner students need to wear their school uniform to get their school photo taken.
Hybrid Students will receive their textbooks/supplies on the first day of their in-person hybrid day, Tuesday, September 8(blue cohort) or Wednesday, September 9(gold cohort). Photo Day for hybrid students will be either Tuesday, September 15 (blue cohort) or Wednesday, September 16 (gold cohort).
Students should bring Chromebooks/Laptops & Accessories (earbuds, mouse etc) on in-person hybrid learning days.
Please note: all of these resources are collected on the "Families" page of the website
- Main Office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.
- YCare Drop Off – enter through Door 2 (Cafeteria Entrance) from 7:00-9:15 am.
- Upper School Students with Zero Hour – enter through Door 19 (South Entrance) between 8:00-8:30 am.
- Bus Students – enter through Door 5 (Back Cafeteria Door Entrance) between 9:15-9:45 am.
- Parent Drop Off Students – doors will be unlocked at 9:15 am each morning. Students will not be allowed into the building until this time.
- Lower School Students – enter through Door 20 (near Lower School Office)
- Middle School Students – enter through Door 1 (Main Entrance)
- Upper School Students – enter through Door 19 (South Stairwell Entrance)
- Building closes at 4:30 pm except for scheduled activities including: YCare, athletics, activities or scheduled meetings.
- Visitors – we will have a strict no volunteer/visitor policy during school hours including no drop off of student items (ie. homework, instruments, lunch, etc).
- If you have a scheduled meeting with a Prep staff member, you will be required to abide by the mandatory mask and physical distancing policy.