Updates for Tuesday, August 4
St. Croix Prep Community,
Today’s communication is intended to offer additional information related to Minnesota’s Safe Learning Plan, Governor Walz’ Executive Order 20-82, and St. Croix Prep’s school opening.
Fall Sports Registration Update
On August 4, the MSHSL voted Return to Participation for the following sports: Boys and Girls Soccer, Girls Tennis and Cross Country. The fall season will have a reduction in the length of season and number of games/matches/meets. Football and volleyball have been moved to a season that will run from March to early May. The start date for all fall sports is August 17.
Registration for fall sports is open on SchoolPay.
The following are the steps for registration:
- Pay the sports fee (which is subject to change based on the MSHSL decision, scheduling and transportation factors, etc.).
- Fill out the online emergency contact information.
- Reminder – All students participating in an athletic program must have a valid Minnesota State High School League physical on file with the Activities Office. The MSHSL approved the extension of the expiration date of the Three-Year Physical Clearance. Copies of the physical form can be found here. Please email Beth Grubischif you are unsure if your child has a physical on file.
Families will be required to complete the following prior to participating in practices. Students WILL NOT be able to attend or participate in practices without ALL items (registration, physical, forms and waivers) completed:
- Fill out/turn in the MSHSL eligibility forms.
- Fill out/turn in the MSHSL health questionnaire.
- Fill out/turn in any additional waivers required.
- NOTE: these three forms will be emailed to families of registered students once the forms are finalized. Forms will also be available on the school website.