Updates for Tuesday, August 4
St. Croix Prep Community,
Today’s communication is intended to offer additional information related to Minnesota’s Safe Learning Plan, Governor Walz’ Executive Order 20-82, and St. Croix Prep’s school opening.
St. Croix Prep’s first day of school begins on August 31. We have already communicated that up until September 8, our first days will be in a distance learning model since it appears no bus transportation will be available until then. This notification, of at least two weeks in advance, is in compliance with the Executive Order.
St. Croix Prep will post our learning model plans via the Parent Update on August 21. Concepts and details of these plans are currently being communicated in these updates. This posting date is in compliance with the Executive Order, which states that each school must electronically post and communicate plans to students and families no later than one week before the beginning of the school year.
St. Croix Prep Covid-19 Program Coordinators
St. Croix Preparatory Academy’s Covid-19 program coordinators are Jon Gutierrez, Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org; 651-395-5905) and Candace Westlund (email@example.com; 651-395-5906). The Covid-19 program coordinators will communicate concerns, challenges, and lessons learned related to Covid-19 preventive activities as needed with staff, students/families, school leadership, and local health officials.
Face Covering Requirements/Distribution
COVID-19 Tests for Educators
- One cloth face covering for every K-12 student.
- One cloth face covering for every school staff member.
- Three disposable face masks per student and face shields for all of the school’s licensed teachers and 50% of non-licensed staff.
- Minnesota has secured a contract with a national saliva testing lab and will work with all insurers to ensure that all educators have access to a COVID-19 test from day one. This test can be conducted at home and uses a courier for transport. This ensures that in the case where an educator has close contact with a confirmed case and experiences any challenges getting tested in their community, there is a back-up option.
St. Croix Prep’s Face Covering Policy is Forthcoming
Distance Learning Registration/Survey
In order for us to plan effectively, your feedback is imperative. Thank you to those who have already completed this.
Other Relevant Information
- Stillwater Area Public Schools will make a learning model decision at their board meeting on August 6. Per their meeting on August 3, they are leaning toward a hybrid model, for purposes of planning, but subject to change based on Washington County Covid-19 case rates as outlined in the Executive Order 20-82. We are communicating with them, since we utilize their bus transportation services.
- Parent Information Sessions. We will not hold these this week, as we need to compile information from the distance learning registration and our employee feedback.
- Special Board Meetings. The board is considering a special board meeting once we have compiled all of the relevant information from our work this week.