Updates for Wednesday, August 5
Minnesota State High School League (MSHSL) Announcement
- Fall Sports Registration: the MSHSL voted Return to Participation for the following sports: Boys and Girls Soccer, Girls Tennis and Cross Country. The fall season will have a reduction in the length of season and number of games/matches/meets. Football and volleyball have been moved to a season that will run from March to early May. The start date for all fall sports is August 17.
- Registration for fall sports is open on SchoolPay. Click here to sign up. The following are the steps for registration:
- Pay the sports fee.
- Fill out the online emergency contact information.
- Reminder – All students participating in an athletic program must have a valid Minnesota State High School League physical on file with the Activities Office. The MSHSL approved the extension of the expiration date of the Three-Year Physical Clearance. Copies of the physical form can be found here. Please email Beth Grubisch if you are unsure if your child has a physical on file.
- Families will be required to complete the following prior to participating in practices. Students WILL NOT be able to attend or participate in practices without ALL items (registration, physical, forms and waivers) completed:
- Fill out/turn in the MSHSL eligibility forms.
- Fill out/turn in the MSHSL health questionnaire.
- Fill out/turn in any additional waivers required.
- NOTE: these three forms will be emailed to families of registered students once the forms are finalized. Forms will also be available on the school website.
- All questions can be directed to Rich Dippel at 651-395-5904.
School Age Child Care for Essential Workers
Per Executive Order 20-82, St. Croix Prep will provide care for children of Tier 1 – essential workers at no cost during the school day for kindergarten to age 12 children at times when the district is operating in a hybrid or distance learning model. More details on this program will be communicated soon.
Face Coverings – Additional Information
- The face masks for students (cloth and disposable), face masks/shields for employees will be delivered to St. Croix Prep during the last week of August.
- As it relates to our school operations, face coverings may be temporarily removed:
- When students are engaged in physical activity (e.g. during recess or physical education) or sporting events where the level of exertion makes wearing a face covering difficult or impractical.
- When eating or drinking.
- During practices or performances involving singing, acting, public speaking, or playing musical instrument that make wearing a face covering difficult or impractical.
- When communicating with an individual who is deaf or hard of hearing, or has a disability, medical condition, or mental health condition that makes communication with that individual difficult while wearing a face covering.
Learning Model Registration Must be Completed for All Students
To facilitate planning for the school year, complete this registration for each of your children. Deadline for completion is this Friday, August 7.
As communicated previously, families, students, and St. Croix Prep staff are expected to self-screen at home prior to coming to school. Anyone experiencing the following symptoms should not attend school and contact their health provider: new onset of cough, shortness of breath, fever of 100.4 degrees or higher, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, loss of sense of smell or taste, and/or gastrointestinal symptoms of diarrhea, vomiting, or nausea. Note: We will not administer temperature checks at school due to time restrictions, temperature stations tend to be gathering spaces which infringe upon the physical distancing guidelines and data privacy issues (HIPAA).
- Bus capacity will be at 50%, as defined by MDE/MDH.
- Students, drivers, and bus aides are required to wear face coverings.
- Students will be one to a seat and those from the same household may sit together.
- Seats will be assigned.
- Bus pick up at St. Croix Prep will be marked for physical distancing.
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP) driven accommodations will be reviewed with a commitment to finding solutions for all families of children.
- Cleaning and disinfecting will take place following each route with special attention to high touch areas.