Student Illness Procedures
Ill or Injured Students
Health Standards When Your Child Is Ill
Questions to Consider When Your Child is Ill:
- Does your child’s illness keep him/her from comfortably taking part in all activities, including
recess and PE?
- Does your ill child need more care than the staff can give without affecting the health and safety of other children?
- Could other children get sick from being near your child?
- If the answer to any of these questions is “Yes,” please keep your child out of school.
What about minor illnesses?
A student must stay at home and remain there until symptom free for 24-48 hours, without medication, if any of these symptoms are present:
- Has vomited or has diarrhea
- Has a rash that is unidentified (Please contact your family healthcare provider)
- Has an open or draining sore (Please contact your family healthcare provider)
When deemed necessary by school health staff, local paramedics will be called in case of a medical emergency.