Basketball Coach - Boys
BASKETBALL COACH - BOYS
5th / 6th / 7th Grade
- Croix Prep student athletes need to develop self-discipline on and off the court. If you can’t decide on your own – Ask a parent or coach.
- Anything detrimental to you is detrimental to the team.
- Always notify a coach in advance if you cannot attend a Practice/Game.
- You should know the importance of a properly trained athlete.
- Understand the State High School League Rules. They will be strictly adhered to.
- Follow the Lion Core Values
- Grades will be monitored bi-weekly during the season by a coach to ensure athletes are maintaining a quality GPA.
- If at grade check time any player is carrying an F or a GPA below 1.7 that player will be suspended from games until the F is removed from their record, or their GPA is above a 2.0
- Athletes should manage and take ownership of their grades when not participating in basketball.
- All athletes are expected to attend class on a regular basis. If absent, the athlete is expected to provide a note with parent signature to the coach within one day of the absence.
- Follow the classroom policies set by the teacher.
- Attend practice daily with a team attitude.
- Successful completion of the season.
- Accumulate 25 points of varsity play.
25 PTS VARSITY PLAY
- Play in One Half of Varsity Game = One Point Varsity Play / Two Half’s = 2 pts.
- (Two halves of a J.V. win = One Point of Varsity Play / One Half = .5 pts)
- (Varsity MCAA Title = Three Points of Varsity Play)
- (Section & State Game Win = One Point of Varsity Play)
- Managers: 2 years: One must be at the varsity level
- COACHES DISCRETION MAY WARRANT A LETTER
- MSHSL Violation during the season forfeits your letter.
- MSHSL Violation anytime during your high school career forfeits your captainship.
- MSHSL violation during the season forfeits your opportunity to apply for or receive end of the year awards. (Players are still eligible for statistical awards.)
Basketball at the high school level is competitive, educational and meant to be enjoyed. Behavior that does not reflect this understanding is unacceptable. All coaches, players, parents, and fans are reminded to keep things in perspective while honoring the game of basketball and the dignity of all persons involved in the playing of the game at all times.